TACOMA, Wash. - High winds damaged or uprooted at least 14 trees Thursday night in Point Defiance Park in Tacoma.
Part of the park is closed Friday for crews to assess the damage and possible safety risks.
The National Weather Service reported winds reached 35 miles per hour, and a meteorologist told The News Tribune they were checking data to determine whether the winds were part of a tornado, microburst or regular thunderstorm.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school