Oregon City, OR - Oregon City High School football coach Kevin Strasser has been arrested on accusations he stole a student's watch.
Sgt. Matthew Paschall of the city police department said a former student told investigators he lost his watch at the end of the school year and it turned up at a local pawn shop.
A patrol officer recovered the watch and identified the 42-year-old Strasser as the suspect.
Strasser, who is also a teacher, was arrested at his Milwaukie home. He was booked into the Clackamas County Jail on charges of theft and official misconduct. He posted bail Wednesday and was released.
Strasser played receiver for Oregon State University in the early 1990s. An online biography says he coached in the Canadian Football League and at Portland State University before becoming head coach of the Pioneers in 2011.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home