Helena, MT - A Helena middle school has been temporarily closed after tests revealed elevated levels of lead in isolated areas of the school.
Helena Public School said it was closing C.R. Anderson Middle School "out of caution" effective Tuesday to conduct more intensive tests. The district tentatively plans to re-open the school to its more than 1,000 students on Jan. 21.
The Independent Record reports the school once housed an indoor shooting range.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River