PORTLAND, Ore. - Police officers shot and killed a driver who was described as "not cooperative" after they chased and stopped him in Portland.
The officers were from the neighboring Milwaukie police department. Portland police are investigating the killing because the brief chase Wednesday morning led into the city.
A statement from the Portland police said that once the two officers stopped the car, the driver was not cooperative and both officers fired, hitting him at least once.
An autopsy is planned.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns