Helena, MT - Police in Helena say a man who wanted to pawn a .45-caliber gun fired a shot into the floor of a pawn shop as he tried to demonstrate that the weapon wasn't loaded.
The Independent Record reports 50-year-old Richard Leslie Oase was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of felony criminal endangerment and discharging a firearm within the city limits.
Police Chief Troy McGee says staff at the Alias Smith and Jones pawn shop told police the man was trying to show them the gun wasn't loaded when he pulled the slide back, pointed the gun at the floor and pulled the trigger. No one was injured.
McGee says Oase was arrested at his apartment. He was expected to make an initial appearance in Justice Court on Thursday.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity