BELLINGHAM, Wash. - A Whatcom County beekeeper accused of stealing hives from a competitor will have to pay more than $14,000 in restitution.
But, Joseph Eugene "Skip" Guilmette of Everson avoided jail time in a plea agreement last week in Bellingham. He says he pleaded guilty to theft and possessing stolen property to stay out of jail and keep his honey and candle business going.
Guilmette told The Bellingham Herald (http://bit.ly/1gtXirk ) he took 28 hives last spring in a disputed business deal.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives