BOISE, Idaho - The parents of a 19-year-old Idaho woman who died serving her country thousands of miles from home say the U.S. Air Force won't give them information about her death.
Airman 1st Class Kelsey Sue Anderson of Orofino died June 9, 2011, on the island of Guam, a U.S. territory 3,300 miles from Hawaii.
The military has reported she committed suicide.
But Chris and Adelia Sue Anderson, her parents, filed a lawsuit last month in U.S. District Court aiming to force the Air Force to respond to their Freedom of Information Act request seeking more information about how their daughter died.
The couple says they are prepared for anything in the report, but want closure so they can get on with their lives.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march