EVERETT, Wash. - A man who was stopped while riding a stolen scooter about 4 a.m. Monday in Everett told the officer there was a grenade under the seat.
Officers saw what looked like a grenade and sealed off the area in the 10800 block of Evergreen Way for the bomb squad.
Experts determined the grenade is inert -- harmless.
Police say the 26-year-old rider was arrested on outstanding warrant and for investigation of possessing a stolen vehicle.
The scooter is being returned to its owner.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line