Great Falls, MT - A 61-year-old Great Falls man is charged with operating a methamphetamine lab in a camper parked on a city street.
The Great Falls Tribune reports William Smith made an initial appearance in District Court Monday on a felony charge of operating a clandestine laboratory and two misdemeanor criminal trespass charges. His bail was set at $15,000.
Prosecutors say Smith admitted operating a meth lab in the camper.
The owner of the camper told police Smith did not have permission to be inside the vehicle.
Court records say Smith has prior convictions in five states for armed robbery, felony thefts, unlawful firearm violations and other crimes.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane