Great Falls, MT - A 61-year-old Great Falls man is charged with operating a methamphetamine lab in a camper parked on a city street.
The Great Falls Tribune reports William Smith made an initial appearance in District Court Monday on a felony charge of operating a clandestine laboratory and two misdemeanor criminal trespass charges. His bail was set at $15,000.
Prosecutors say Smith admitted operating a meth lab in the camper.
The owner of the camper told police Smith did not have permission to be inside the vehicle.
Court records say Smith has prior convictions in five states for armed robbery, felony thefts, unlawful firearm violations and other crimes.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car