GREAT FALLS, Mont. - The Cascade County deputy who was struck and killed during a pursuit has been identified as a 33-year-old former Marine and father of two.
Sheriff Bob Edwards said Friday Joe Dunn was hit by a vehicle on U.S. 87 near Belt east of Great Falls.
The Great Falls Tribune reports County Attorney John Parker identified the suspect in Dunn's death as Adam Sanchez of Great Falls. He was under guard in a hospital with unknown injuries. He hadn't been charged.
Authorities were pursuing Sanchez when Dunn was killed, but the reason wasn't immediately known.
Officials say the pursuit started in Great Falls, went east 44 miles to Geyser and returned to the Great Falls area.
Witness Steve Haagenson says Sanchez stopped when the tires on his vehicle went flat.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school