GRANITE FALLS, Wash. - The Forest Service has delayed opening the Gold Basin Campground near Granite Falls while it evaluates the risk of a mudslide like the one that buried dozens of homes at Oso.
The Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest says it wants to assure the safety of the campground that has room for more than 800 campers.
Gold Basin Campground is located between the Mountain Loop Highway and the South Fork Stillaguamish River and sits at the base of a hill that has a history of landslides.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River