GRANITE FALLS, Wash. - The Forest Service has delayed opening the Gold Basin Campground near Granite Falls while it evaluates the risk of a mudslide like the one that buried dozens of homes at Oso.
The Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest says it wants to assure the safety of the campground that has room for more than 800 campers.
Gold Basin Campground is located between the Mountain Loop Highway and the South Fork Stillaguamish River and sits at the base of a hill that has a history of landslides.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane