GRANITE FALLS, Wash. - The Forest Service has delayed opening the Gold Basin Campground near Granite Falls while it evaluates the risk of a mudslide like the one that buried dozens of homes at Oso.
The Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest says it wants to assure the safety of the campground that has room for more than 800 campers.
Gold Basin Campground is located between the Mountain Loop Highway and the South Fork Stillaguamish River and sits at the base of a hill that has a history of landslides.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'