CALDWELL, Idaho - An early-morning fire badly damaged a Caldwell residence, injured a girl and killed the family's dog.
Caldwell firefighters say flames were shooting out of the front door and windows when they arrived at about 2:30 a.m. Monday.
Fire crews say all five people in the house were able to escape. One girl told first responders she awakened to flames at her feet. She was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Officials did not release her age or describe her injuries.
Firefighters were unable to save the family's dog.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force