CALDWELL, Idaho - An early-morning fire badly damaged a Caldwell residence, injured a girl and killed the family's dog.
Caldwell firefighters say flames were shooting out of the front door and windows when they arrived at about 2:30 a.m. Monday.
Fire crews say all five people in the house were able to escape. One girl told first responders she awakened to flames at her feet. She was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Officials did not release her age or describe her injuries.
Firefighters were unable to save the family's dog.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting