SNOQUALMIE PASS, Wash. (AP) - A falling tree struck and injured a 10-year-old girl out for hike near Snoqualmie Pass.
KOMO-TV reports the girl was hiking with her family about a mile and a half from the Annette Lake trailhead Saturday morning when they heard a loud crack. The girl tried to run but the tree fell on her.
Teams from Snoqualmie Fire and Rescue along with King County Search and Rescue reached the girl and brought her back down the trail. She then was taken to Overlake Hospital in Bellevue. Firefighters said she was complaining of neck and back pain, but appeared to be doing well.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River