PORTLAND, Ore. - A Dutch vessel being called the world's largest heavy-lift ship has brought a gigantic new drydock to Portland.
The Oregonian reports two ships are already lined up for maintenance at the new drydock that arrived over the weekend.
The Chinese-built, $40 million floating structure arrived on the MV Blue Marlin after slowly moving through the Columbia River.
The drydock was originally scheduled to arrive in March, but encountered some construction delays in China. Officials expect to put the new drydock to work by November.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods