PORTLAND, Ore. - A Dutch vessel being called the world's largest heavy-lift ship has brought a gigantic new drydock to Portland.
The Oregonian reports two ships are already lined up for maintenance at the new drydock that arrived over the weekend.
The Chinese-built, $40 million floating structure arrived on the MV Blue Marlin after slowly moving through the Columbia River.
The drydock was originally scheduled to arrive in March, but encountered some construction delays in China. Officials expect to put the new drydock to work by November.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image