Sisters, OR - Four people are recovering from burns sustained after someone poured gasoline on a warming fire in Sisters.
KGW-TV reports that the incident occurred Saturday night as a small crowd stood around the fire. Deschutes County Sheriff's Sgt. Ty Rupert says the fire was having trouble getting started, so someone decided to pour gasoline on it.
Rupert says the gas exploded the entire can, severely burning four people on their bodies, hands and faces.
Officials say one of the victims is in critical condition. Deputies say alcohol was not a contributing factor in the explosion.
- Mumps case confirmed in northern Idaho
- Washington teacher on leave over offensive Facebook post
- Sgt. Moore awarded Medal of Honor
- 17-year-old accused of stabbing, killing twin brother
- County methadone program widens amid rise in heroin deaths
- Yakima home invasion ends with homeowner shooting suspects