SEATTLE - Four people have been shot and wounded at Seattle Pacific University Thursday afternoon.
According to the Seattle Police Department, the lone suspect entered the Otto Miller Building, shot four victims and then began reloading. At that point staff members disarmed him and was taken into custody by police.
University officials issued an e-mail campuswide to all students, faculty and staff saying:
"Emergency! A campus lockdown has been initiated. This is not a drill.
If you are on-campus find the nearest available room and lock the door. If you are on-campus, but locked outside a building, seek shelter off campus immediately. If you are not on campus, stay away.
This threat is real. The Seattle Police Department has been notified. Follow instructions from university officials or local authorities."
Both the Seattle Fire and Police departments are reporting there are two victims -- a male and female -- with life-threatening injuries and two additional victims in stable condition at Harborview Medical Center.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home