BUTTE, Mont. - A former Jefferson County jailer has denied charges that he exchanged cigarettes for sex with three female inmates.
The Montana Standard reports 45-year-old Rodney Mortimore pleaded not guilty to seven counts of sexual intercourse without consent during a District Court hearing in Boulder.
Mortimore was arrested on April 12, the same day a 19-year-old woman filed a complaint alleging she received cigarettes from Mortimore in exchange for sex over a period of several months.
Court records say Mortimore acknowledged having sex with the woman and said he brought cigarettes to other inmates. Two other women told investigators they received cigarettes from Mortimore in exchange for sex.
Under state law, inmates cannot legally consent to sex.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults