BOISE, Idaho - A former Idaho man on the run for a decade before pleading guilty to child exploitation charges has been sentenced to eight years in prison.
The U.S. Attorney's Office in a statement on Wednesday says 47-year-old Gerald Lee Ferrell received the sentence in U.S. District Court.
Ferrell in March pleaded guilty to interstate travel with a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity. He also pleaded guilty to possession of sexually explicit images of minors.
Court records say Farrell and his wife hosted a 16-year-old German exchange student in August 2003. Prosecutors say in December 2003, Farrell took the girl to Nevada. She said one night she woke up with Farrell on top of her trying to remove her underwear.
Ferrell was arrested in Spain last July.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home