BOISE, Idaho - A former Idaho man who was on the run for a decade has pleaded guilty to child exploitation charges related to a German exchange student.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says 46-year-old Gerald Lee Farrell pleaded guilty to interstate travel with a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity. He also pleaded guilty to possession of sexually explicit images of minors.
Court records say Farrell and his wife hosted a 16-year-old German exchange student in August 2003. Prosecutors say Farrell made attempts to see the girl naked and engaged her in sexual conversation.
In December 2003, Farrell took the girl to Nevada. She said one night she woke up with Farrell on top of her trying to remove her underwear.
Farrell and his wife fled to Switzerland in January 2004. He was arrested in Spain last July.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday