BOISE, Idaho - A former Idaho man who was on the run for a decade has pleaded guilty to child exploitation charges related to a German exchange student.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says 46-year-old Gerald Lee Farrell pleaded guilty to interstate travel with a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity. He also pleaded guilty to possession of sexually explicit images of minors.
Court records say Farrell and his wife hosted a 16-year-old German exchange student in August 2003. Prosecutors say Farrell made attempts to see the girl naked and engaged her in sexual conversation.
In December 2003, Farrell took the girl to Nevada. She said one night she woke up with Farrell on top of her trying to remove her underwear.
Farrell and his wife fled to Switzerland in January 2004. He was arrested in Spain last July.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults