BLACKFOOT, Idaho - A former high school soccer coach in eastern Idaho has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing one of her former players.
Television station KIFI reports former Blackfoot High girls' soccer coach Alisha Yeates pleaded guilty Thursday to one count of sexual abuse of a child under the age of 16.
Bingham County Prosecutor Cleve Colson says Yeates admitted to abusing the victim when the girl was 13 or 14 years old. Colson said two similar charges out of Bannock County will be dismissed as part of a plea agreement.
Yeates is scheduled to be sentenced next month.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017