Portland, OR - A 19-year-old former competitive cheerleader from the Portland suburb of Lake Oswego has been indicted on a federal charge of sex trafficking a 17-year-old girl who attended her old high school.
The Oregonian reports that Julia Haner and a 30-year-old man named Konrod Mason were arrested last weekend at a motel on federal grand jury counts of sex trafficking a minor.
KATU-TV reports Haner pleaded not guilty Monday.
Court documents say Haner is accused of recruiting for prostitution a girl she used to ride the school bus with to Lake Oswego High School.
Portland police contacted took the 17-year-old after seeing her featured in an Internet prostitution ad. The girl has been returned to her family. Federal authorities say she no longer attends the high school.
The newspaper says Haner cheered competitively in the Portland area for a non-school team, and cheered briefly at Lake Oswego High.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River