BOISE, Idaho - A former Boise man has pleaded guilty to robbing a bank in a plea agreement that calls for him to pay restitution for four Boise-area robberies committed by a man the FBI called the "Duffel Bag Bandit."
The U.S. Attorney's Office says 56-year-old Gerald Edward Massey pleaded guilty Tuesday to robbing a US Bank branch in Boise of $64,500 in March 2013. He also pleaded guilty to trying to obstruct the investigation by telling a witness to lie to the FBI.
The plea agreement calls for Massey to pay $84,600 in restitution, which includes money obtained in three other robberies that dated back to December 2012. Sentencing is set for April 1.
The FBI offered a $5,000 reward in the case last May 2013 and Massey was arrested in Louisiana in August.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting