BOISE, Idaho - A former Boise man has pleaded guilty to robbing a bank in a plea agreement that calls for him to pay restitution for four Boise-area robberies committed by a man the FBI called the "Duffel Bag Bandit."
The U.S. Attorney's Office says 56-year-old Gerald Edward Massey pleaded guilty Tuesday to robbing a US Bank branch in Boise of $64,500 in March 2013. He also pleaded guilty to trying to obstruct the investigation by telling a witness to lie to the FBI.
The plea agreement calls for Massey to pay $84,600 in restitution, which includes money obtained in three other robberies that dated back to December 2012. Sentencing is set for April 1.
The FBI offered a $5,000 reward in the case last May 2013 and Massey was arrested in Louisiana in August.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter