SALEM, Ore. - The U.S. Forest Service says it will hire 1,000 temporary workers in the Pacific Northwest for spring and summer jobs.
The Statesman Journal reports that applications for the jobs in Oregon and Washington will be accepted from Nov. 15 to 21. Positions will be in recreation, natural resources, fire, timber, engineering, visitor services and archaeology.
Regional Forester Jim Pena says seasonal jobs with the forest service are a great way to give back to communities, learn new skills and perform meaningful work.
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent
- STA launches new route through Spokane Valley