Forest Grove, OR - An attempted robbery at a Forest Grove used car business that turned into a police standoff ended early Thursday with the arrest of the suspect.
Police say they responded to a robbery in progress Wednesday afternoon when a man with a rifle was seen walking into K&S Auto Sales.
Police say shots were fired in a struggle with the owner who escaped with minor injuries. A woman and child also escaped.
The Washington County Tactical Negotiations Team tried to negotiate with the suspect and eventually used chemical agents to force him out about 1 a.m.
He's held at the Washington County Jail on charges including attempted murder, robbery and felon in possession of a firearm.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017