PORTLAND, Ore. - A customer at a Portland Plaid Pantry store says she was humiliated when she went to pay for snacks with her Oregon Trail Card.
Michelle Moseley tells KOIN the clerk waved the card Thursday and asked if anyone else in line wanted to use the food stamp card. She feels he was insinuating she was spending his money.
Moseley says she doesn't normally use the card to buy energy drinks and candy, although it's legal. Already humbled by having to depend on taxpayers for food, she says she felt embarrassment and discrimination.
Plaid Pantry apologized and says it's reviewing store video as part of an investigation.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car