BELLINGHAM, Wash. - Investigators believe a fire that destroyed a century-old building on the Bellingham waterfront was started by fireworks.
Witnesses reported seeing gold-color aerial fireworks before a grass fire Saturday night that spread to the Reid Boiler Works Building.
The Bellingham Herald reports flames ripped through the vacant wood and sheet-metal building.
Four generations of the Reid family ran the business for 112 years, producing industrial boilers for locomotives, schools, boats and mills and later making canning machinery. The company closed in 2010.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car