KENT, Wash. - Investigators believe the fire at a Kent motel started in the unit where firefighters found a man's body.
Assistant Police Chief Pat Lowery told The Seattle Times flames broke out about 7 a.m. Tuesday and spread to other units of the Sunset Motel on Pacific Highway South
Police and the Kent fire marshal's office are investigating the cause of the fire. The King County medical examiner's office is working to determine the cause of death and confirm whether the man is the same person who rented the room for several weeks.
The Red Cross is helping six people displaced by the fire.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults