First responders in Longview heard two explosions from a truck fire early Monday morning next to a long-term care facility, but firefighters intervened before the flames reached the facility's propane tank.
The fire Monday was reported at about 5 a.m., when police found the burning truck, which appeared to belong to the Spring Valley Dairy in Salem, Ore.
The driver's side tire exploded and all 115 occupants and staff of the Frontier Rehabilitation and Extended Care Center in Longview were moved away from the area. No one was injured.
Firefighters moved in to control the blaze and the truck's on-board refrigeration unit exploded. They were able to control the blaze before it reached the propane tank.
The fire is under investigation and no damage estimates are available.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car