PORTLAND, Ore. - A Portland-area firefighter was killed in a kitesurfing accident this week on the Oregon Coast.
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue says in a release that Wylie Johnson Jr., who went by Dale, was killed Thursday.
The 49-year-old Johnson was near Lincoln City when he suffered an unspecified accident. He was found by a friend, unresponsive.
Medical staff pronounced him dead after unsuccessful resuscitation efforts at the beach and hospital.
Johnson was a firefighter in Jackson County before joining TVFR in 1995.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives