Beaverton, OR - Investigators say a fire at a Beaverton sex offender treatment center was deliberately set.
Washington County sheriff's Sgt. David Thompson told KATU it looks as if someone broke in, ransacked the place and started the fire in the room where records were kept.
A passer-by noticed smoke Saturday morning and called 911, and firefighters quickly put out the fire. A Tualatin Valley Fire investigator determined the fire was started in the garage of the house that was converted into the Center for Behavioral Intervention.
No one stays in the center overnight.
Investigators say whoever broke in also stole some money, then used some fuel to set fire to furniture and files.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River