The Dalles, OR - Firefighters are bracing for more strong winds driving a Columbia Gorge wildfire into the Mount Hood National Forest.
The Blackburn fire, part of the Government Flat complex burning 10 miles southwest of The Dalles, remained at 15 percent containment on Thursday after growing to 17 square miles and burning a fourth house on Wednesday.
The Oregon Department of Forestry says firefighters are holding the lines on the north, south and east flanks, but strong afternoon winds are expected to keep pushing the fire forward on the west side, where it is on the Mount Hood National Forest.
Meanwhile, thunderstorms moved into southwestern Oregon Thursday morning, bringing heavy rain and lightning. There was no immediate word on what that means for the fires burning there.
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- N. Idaho lawmaker attracts supporters after punishment
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech