CHALLIS, Idaho - A Tuesday morning fire has caused significant damage to a U.S. Bureau of Land Management office in central Idaho and an arson task force has been called in to investigate.
The Custer County Sheriff's Office says the fire reported at about 2 a.m. appears to have started on the south side of the building in a shop area.
BLM spokeswoman Sarah Wheeler says the building is uninhabitable for the 30 full-time and seasonal employees.
There have been no reports of injuries, and authorities didn't have a damage estimate.
Wheeler says it's not clear what kind of information contained in files and on computers might have been lost.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods