SEQUIM, Wash. - A fire official in Sequim, Washington says a Monday afternoon blaze has destroyed a building that housed a Mexican restaurant and a consignment shop.
One person was treated for smoke inhalation.
Clallam County Fire District No. 3 spokesman Patrick Young says the roof has collapsed over both businesses.
The Peninsula Daily News reports the building was home to Baja Cantina and the Sequim Consignment Co.
The cause of the fire was not immediately determined.
Building owner Linda Diesen says the structure was insured, but she adds that she spent much of the last decade renovating the building.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'