CALDWELL, Idaho - Southwestern Idaho fire officials say a neighbor rescued a sleeping girl before a fire destroyed her home.
The neighbor, Ken McAllister, says he saw smoke when he was driving by on Saturday afternoon and went inside to make sure everyone got out safely. He woke up the homeowner's daughter, who was home alone, and she was able to get out unharmed. McAllister said moments after they escaped the house, gas tanks started exploding inside.
Joe Toney with the Caldwell Police Department says police arrived just eight minutes after the 911 call, and by then half the house had been destroyed by flames.
Police are still investigating the cause of the fire. Officials did not say how old the girl is.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting