GREAT FALLS, Mont. - The Montana Air National Guard is delivering its final F-15 fighter planes to a base in California this week.
The Great Falls Tribune reports three of the jets left Great Falls on Wednesday and the final three were to be transferred to the base in Fresno on Thursday. The planes had been scheduled to leave in early October, but the government shutdown delayed the departures.
The 120th Fighter Wing is now converting to its new mission. Pilots have begun training to fly the C-130 cargo planes that are scheduled to arrive next spring.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho