FERNDALE, Wash. - Chevron sold a butane-propane export terminal near Ferndale to Calgary, Alberta, based Petrogas Energy Corp. for $242 million.
The 42-acre property sits next to Alcoa's Intalco Works aluminum smelter and receives butane and propane from Whatcom County oil refineries and also by rail.
Petrogas CEO Stan Owerko told The Bellingham Herald it sees a strong market for propane and butane exports to Asia and South America.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital