FERNDALE, Wash. - Chevron sold a butane-propane export terminal near Ferndale to Calgary, Alberta, based Petrogas Energy Corp. for $242 million.
The 42-acre property sits next to Alcoa's Intalco Works aluminum smelter and receives butane and propane from Whatcom County oil refineries and also by rail.
Petrogas CEO Stan Owerko told The Bellingham Herald it sees a strong market for propane and butane exports to Asia and South America.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday