SEATTLE - The FBI says three men and three juveniles in custody are responsible for 16 bank robberies in March and April, mostly in the Seattle-Tacoma area.
The agency says the suspects are associated with "Rabid Fan Bandit" and "Buddy Bandits" series of holdups. A Rabid Fan Bandit is accused of instructing the juveniles and driving them to the Buddy Bandit robberies.
Most of the banks that were hit were inside larger stores. One of the Rabid Fan Bandit robberies was in Spokane.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday