Coos Bay, OR - Both an FBI agent and Oregon State Police explosives experts reportedly have helped with a late night search of the Coos Bay, Ore., Prayer Chapel after a fire was reported there several hours earlier.
The World newspaper reports (http://is.gd/cg3kco ) that Coos Bay firefighters arrived at the chapel about 5 p.m. Tuesday after a passing delivery man noticed smoke. Firefighters contained the blaze within an hour.
Police also arrived and taped off the area. Barricades were erected on nearby streets.
The newspaper says law enforcement personnel were seen using a thermal imaging device to examine contents of the building.
Officers cleared the building by late Tuesday night.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car