PITTSBURGH - An FBI agent from Pennsylvania says a suspect dubbed the "Bucket List Bandit" who is believed to be responsible for bank robberies in nine states has been arrested in Oklahoma City.
Jason Crouse, the acting supervisory special agent of the FBI office in Erie, tells The Associated Press that 54-year-old Michael Eugene Brewster was arrested Thursday night.
The FBI nicknamed the robber the "Bucket List Bandit" after he allegedly told a Utah bank teller he had only four months to live.
A warrant charges Brewster with robbing the Huntingdon National Bank branch in Erie on Monday. It says a confidential informant gave the FBI Brewster's name and birth date.
Authorities then reviewed surveillance video and found an "obvious likeness" to Brewster during robberies in Missouri, Colorado, Arizona, Idaho, Utah, North Carolina, Tennessee and Illinois.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday