DUNDEE, Ore. - Police believe a Dundee man whose wife filed for divorce in May killed her and their two children on the Fourth of July, and then committed suicide.
The four were found dead Wednesday after a caller told police of what was described as an alarming post on a social network.
All four had been shot. An autopsy is planned Thursday.
A police spokesman said 37-year-old Randall Engels is suspected of killing 35-year-old Amy Engels and their school-age children.
A Wednesday post on Randall Engels' Facebook page reads, "If she's gone I cant go on."
Capt. Jeff Kosmicki said the family had lived for several years in the town in one of Oregon's prime wine regions. He didn't identify the children.
The Facebook page says Randall Engels is from Puyallup, Wash.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting