Oregon City, OR - A Canby man who was annoyed by his neighbor's barking dog paid his son $500 to shoot the dog. The owner came home in April of last year and found his black Labrador retriever named Paws dead.
On Tuesday in Clackamas County Circuit Court, 61-year-old David Walkoski pleaded no contest to animal abuse and his 30-year-old son Derek Walkoski pleaded guilty to animal abuse, being a felon in possession of a firearm and endangering another person.
The Oregonian reports the father will be sentenced Jan. 6. The son is already serving time for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and will have more than two years added to his sentence as part of the plea agreement for killing the dog.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line