LEWISTON, Idaho - Family members of two Idaho Fish and Game Department employees who died in a 2010 helicopter crash are suing the owners of the helicopter and a mechanic, alleging the helicopter had failed two inspections and door handles were installed that were susceptible to being inadvertently opened.
A National Transportation Safety Board investigation found the helicopter crashed after a metal clipboard belonging to one of the biologists hit a tail rotor.
The August 2010 crash killed Larry Barrett, 47, and Danielle Schiff, 34, and the pilot, Perry J. Krinitt, 43, of Belgrade, Mont.
The Lewiston Tribune reports the lawsuit was filed by Barrett's widow and Schiff's mother. It names Leading Edge Aviation and Valley Helicopter Service of Lewiston, along with an aircraft mechanic, as defendants.
A phone message left with Leading Edge was not immediately returned Tuesday.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march