BOISE, Idaho - The Federal Aviation Administration's final list of 149 air traffic control facilities that will be closed at small airports around the country starting next month contains four in Idaho.
Those are the Lewiston-Nez Perce County Regional Airport in northern Idaho, Pocatello Regional Airport and Idaho Falls Regional Airport in eastern Idaho, and Friedman Memorial Airport in Hailey in central Idaho.
The FAA is under orders to trim hundreds of millions of dollars from its budget. It released the list Friday, with the closures to start April 7.
The closures will not force any of the airports to shut down, but pilots will have to coordinate takeoffs and landings over a shared radio frequency with no help from ground controllers.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home