BOISE, Idaho - The Federal Aviation Administration's final list of 149 air traffic control facilities that will be closed at small airports around the country starting next month contains four in Idaho.
Those are the Lewiston-Nez Perce County Regional Airport in northern Idaho, Pocatello Regional Airport and Idaho Falls Regional Airport in eastern Idaho, and Friedman Memorial Airport in Hailey in central Idaho.
The FAA is under orders to trim hundreds of millions of dollars from its budget. It released the list Friday, with the closures to start April 7.
The closures will not force any of the airports to shut down, but pilots will have to coordinate takeoffs and landings over a shared radio frequency with no help from ground controllers.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting