Police say two people are in custody after an exchange of gunfire inside a Billings house left one of them wounded and prompted police to evacuate several people out a back window.
The Billings Police Department said in a statement that officers responded to a report of a man with a gun at about 11 p.m. Sunday on the south side of the city.
The officers heard several shots inside the house, and helped several people inside crawl out a back window to safety.
The two unidentified suspects were taken into custody after they came out the front door. One of the suspects was transported to Billings Clinic with injuries that were not considered life threatening.
Charges had not been filed as of Monday morning.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march