TRI-CITIES, Wash. - A former administrator at a home for juvenile felony offenders in Richland charged with having sexual contact with an 18-year-old resident has been sentenced to six months in jail.
The Tri-City Herald reports that 39-year-old Mindi Stoker was sentenced Thursday after pleading guilty to attempted assault and custodial sexual misconduct.
Investigators say Stoker had sex with the teen at the Twin Rivers Community Facility and had sexual contact with him on more than one occasion. Authorities say they began investigating after another resident told staffers about the conduct.
The Pasco woman was fired from Twin Rivers in December.
She has since found another job and the judge allowed her to be on work release for the second half of her sentence.
Stoker declined to speak at her sentencing hearing.
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone