EVERETT, Wash. - An Everett woman says she called 911 at least 37 times early Thursday when an intruder broke into her home, but couldn't get through during the statewide outage of the emergency call system.
Alicia Cappola told KIRO she armed herself with a knife and confronted a man who crawled through a window. He ran out of the house.
Cappola says she finally reached someone about an hour after her first call. By the time an officer arrived, the intruder was gone.
CenturyLink says it's still trying to find out what caused about a six-hour outage of 911 service at dispatch centers across Washington and parts of Oregon.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line