EVERETT, Wash. - An Everett woman says she called 911 at least 37 times early Thursday when an intruder broke into her home, but couldn't get through during the statewide outage of the emergency call system.
Alicia Cappola told KIRO she armed herself with a knife and confronted a man who crawled through a window. He ran out of the house.
Cappola says she finally reached someone about an hour after her first call. By the time an officer arrived, the intruder was gone.
CenturyLink says it's still trying to find out what caused about a six-hour outage of 911 service at dispatch centers across Washington and parts of Oregon.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity