EVERETT, Wash. - The 16-year-old Everett boy accused of killing the woman he called mother pleaded not guilty Thursday to a first-degree murder charge.
Snohomish County prosecutors plan to try Brad George as an adult in the death of his guardian, 37-year-old Gina Latshaw.
The Daily Herald reports she was beaten with a dumbbell Feb. 7 as she slept.
Court documents say Latshaw spent years advocating for the boy and trying to obtain adequate treatment for his mental health disorders.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position