EVERETT, Wash. - The 16-year-old Everett boy accused of killing the woman he called mother pleaded not guilty Thursday to a first-degree murder charge.
Snohomish County prosecutors plan to try Brad George as an adult in the death of his guardian, 37-year-old Gina Latshaw.
The Daily Herald reports she was beaten with a dumbbell Feb. 7 as she slept.
Court documents say Latshaw spent years advocating for the boy and trying to obtain adequate treatment for his mental health disorders.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting