Residents in a Boise neighborhood evacuated after a car crashed into a home and severed a natural gas line are being allowed to return home.
Police say the crash occurred about 3 a.m. Friday on Cleveland Street in an area called the Boise Bench.
There are no reports of injuries though the driver of the vehicle has yet to be found. The vehicle is lodged in the side of the home.
Crews capped the leak at about 8 a.m.
Police evacuated residents within 400 feet of the gas leak, pounding on doors to awaken neighbors.
Red Cross set up a shelter at Whitney Elementary School where 22 people took refuge.
Police are investigating the crash and looking for the driver.
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blachard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather